Monday, February 04, 2008

Glad it is over

After my Friday freak out, I was OK again; I just needed to get it out of my system. By Saturday, I was looking ahead and I even ordered 50 OPK sticks from one of the cheap Internet sites. I almost ordered pregnancy tests, too, but I didn't want to jinx myself.

My procedure was today at 1 p.m. It hurt, and I wouldn't care to repeat it, but the nurses and doctor were very compassionate (for people who clamp your cervix, inject it, jam a catheter into your uterus, and then apply suction). They let J sit with me and hold my hand which was comforting. They sent the tissue t pathology, but I told them that chromosomal analysis was unnecessary. I mean, we know something went wrong, but I don't see any point in knowing what particular genetic accident may have occurred.

I'm cramping badly now, but I have just taken a Valium, a percocet, and some ibuprofen (all sanctioned by the OB) so I should be feeling better soon. J has gone to pick up the girls, and I am going to head upstairs to hide out for a bit. A generous friend is bringing dinner by later. Her kindness is a salve.

While the sadness is still there, I am mainly feeling relieved to have this behind me. I'm looking forward to losing the three to four pounds I gained over the last eight weeks and I'm looking forward to drinking margaritas this weekend. As soon as I start cycling again, we'll give it another go. If it works, great. If not, I have two beautiful daughters, and I am truly thankful for that.

5 comments:

Suz said...

I'm glad it's over, too. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Em~
Sorry you had to go through this, but I am glad you have it behind you. I hope you can continue to heal physically and emotionally as well. Update us when you can.
Monica

Nico said...

Margaritas are good. Cycling is good. So are your two beautiful little girls. I'm really glad that it went okay, and hope you heal quickly. xoxo.

OvaGirl said...

Oh Em I'm so sorry. Glad that is done and you can look to the future. Just take it one margarita at a time.

christine said...

I´m so sorry for your past eight weeks Em. What an awful ordeal. The margaritas and the OPKs sound like a good next step.