Thursday, December 25, 2008

40

Now, I'm a forty something. That went by so fast.

J seems to have completely blown off my birthday. Except for a brief "happy birthday" this morning, there wasn't so much as a card for me today. No wonder little E recently told me that mommies don't have birthdays. I don't expect much, but damn.

This was the warmest Christmas Day in the books. 80 degrees. We took the girls to the beach this morning and let them go barefoot. Tomorrow we leave for four days to celebrate with the families. I'm not looking forward to it, but it seem unavoidable.

Hope you are having a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, super Kwanzaa, or festive Festivus or whatever you celebrate this time of year.

3 comments:

Nico said...

I'm sorry there wasn't a little more recognition of your milestone. That stinks. I hope you do enjoy your family time more than you anticipate... although I know it's probably unlikely. My in-laws were exactly as bad as I expected on Xmas eve.

Bittermama said...

I'm just returning from holidays with the in-laws so please accept my belated birthday wishes! And hey... tenure is sounding pretty damn good right now. Divine even. Sorry to hear that you're dealing with terrible back pain on top of everything else. I've had some minor back problems and it's nearly impossible to handle small children in that state. I hope your holiday celebrations were merry!

christine said...

Happy birthday Em! I turned 40 this year too. It's was rough the first 6 months but now I'm strangely okay with it.

I think you should plan a Fabulous 40 party in Paris when life settles down. You just let me know when!