Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year--I'm starting a new blog!

I've been gone a long time!

A quick update on the last few months.

--I have lost most of the "baby" weight without even trying. Who knew that all I needed was a lot of stress and a health scare (still in the middle of this, but I'm hopeful that all will be OK).
--I turned 41 last week. Less traumatic than turning 40, and yet, I am now fully into my forties.
--The girls are marvelous. They drive me bonkers, but they are smart, funny and creative.
--Had two papers published in the Fall. Right now, it looks like a smooth ride to full professor. I go up in Fall 2011.



I'm going to start a new blog this weekend. It will be a little different. My identity will be a little more transparent and my husband may occasionally chime in. I'll post a link as soon as I get it set up. I hope you'll visit me there. I'll still post here some. Can't really make fun of my mother-in-law (who spent a rocking $5 on my younger daughter for Christmas) if my husband is reading. He gets touchy about these things.

Until then, Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Nic said...

Happy new year to you too! I hope everything is okay health wise, that's never fun.

BIG congrats on the papers, I know how much work that is! Smooth ride to full prof is great, and particularly impressive with two little ones. You go!!

Funny how we all seem to have MIL / present issues. Mine goes WAY overboard. But then my mom didn't get the kids anything (partially my fault as I guess I had told her I would get something she could give them, but really, she can't make it to the store herself?). So I guess it all comes out in the wash. Can you tell I have some resentment here too?? :)

misschris said...

Happy New Year! I haven't been on fb much so I have't seen what you've been up to. I'll stay below the radar on the new blog ;) Oh,oh my in laws are the worst- they do the GIANT plastic crap toys. The kids instantly fall in love with them and then they break in January and I have to s l o w l y get rid of them. It's another kind of hell.

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas