Sunday, September 03, 2006

Dear Dr. Negative and Nurse Joy

My less-than-one-percent-chance-of-conception baby has arrived. She is perfect. Lovely. Brilliant. Adored.Here. At last. *

May I suggest that in the future, rather than scare the shit out of patients who present with less than stellar hormonal profiles, that you instead show a little compassion and a little willingness to work with them? At the very least, refer them to a center that is less concerned about the center's statistics. Don't push donor eggs until you are certain that all avenues have been exhausted. [Trust me, you didn't exhaust any avenues.] Finally, believe it is possible for the sake of your patients. I think I managed to get pregnant largely because Dr. F believed I could do it. I have six and a half pounds of proof sitting next to me.


*I promise a real update and short birth story when I have a little more time and a lot more energy. As it happens, I developed a case of late onset preeclampsia four days after M was born and had to be rehospitalized. I'm feeling better, but still battling high blood pressure and the extra fatigue that brings. Then there is the small matter of M thinking party time is from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.

3 comments:

Eggs Akimbo said...

I just found your blog. Congratulations from one Em to another.

christine said...

Oh no Em, preeclampsia. I'm sorry to hear. I love this post! You're my personal hero you know that.

Take it easy and kiss all ten of those little toes for me (the baby ones that is).

AmyinMotown said...

EM! I just go my laptop back and could re-find your blog. Congratulations!! Another little girl--as cute as E is, my God you could drown with all the cute little girlness in your house right now!

I hope you're feeling better and all is going well.