Tuesday, February 13, 2007

That's a Man for You. . .

I recently decided it is time to get fit, lose some weight and become reacquainted with my prepregnancy wardrobe. About the same time, J decided he needed to lose some weight as well. He has been diligently weighing in each morning and has upped the exercise and cut back on what E calls "goodies."I've been walking more, visiting the gym, and trying to make healthier choices.

So how has the weight loss gone?

I've lost half a pound. J has lost ten pounds. How is this fair?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Em!! It truly isn't fair. DH can eat all he wants and doesn't gain hardly an ounce~ me on the other hand~ I watch what I eat and yet I still have pregnancy weight on me and my "baby" is almost 3, and I spend most of the day running after her~ you think I would burn some calories don't you? I just don't understand it.
On a more positive note~ maybe that 1/2 pound will quickly turn into a pound and so on. Don't give up~ it will happen (or so I keep telling myself)

Anonymous said...

hey now, don't get too upset about it. It's like 10x easier for men to lose weight.

yeah, that's the ticket -- TEN TIMES easier.

christine said...

Hey at least it's a half pound less not half pound MORE.

OvaGirl said...

It's completely unfair Em. Can you slip some melted lard into his skim milk or something?

And...congrats for standing up to your editor by the way. You're right, unrealistic deadlines are completely demoralising. No one minds working hard, that's a given, but being sniped at and told to have things done by yesterday does not a happy writer or a good work make. Surely she would rather "own" a great text than one that is skimmed on because of time and stress?