Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Blocked

I have so much to write about and yet I have nothing to write about. The material is there, but the words aren't coming. Maybe this is writer's block?

I could write:

about the untimely and tragic death of a friend's husband.

about M turning nine months.

about my frustrations with E.

about not wanting to visit my parents this weekend.

about feeling vaguely dissatisfied with my marriage.

about the ongoing struggle to lose weight.

about being happy that my television programs are all ending this week.

about the structural repairs our home requires.

about trying to embrace my research.

about being nearly ready to day wean.

about the Ann Taylor spree I intend to have when I lose five more pounds.


Clearly I have plenty of material. Perhaps the thing to do is to choose one thing from my list and write about it each day. Yes, that is what I'll do.

Tomorrow I will write about the death of my friend's husband. It isn't an uplifting story, of course, but it has me thinking about what I would do if the unthinkable were to happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a post from you. I had been wondering about you~ I guessed you were busy with all that PT E is probably doing right now. I look forward to seeing your upcoming posts~ sound interesting.
Monnie

Nico said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. That must be incredibly difficult for everyone.

Those all sound like good posts, looking forward to them!

Catherine said...

That's a lot to write about! Look forward to reading it all and my condolences to the family and friends of your friend and her husband.