Saturday, October 25, 2008

Single Parent

J is out of town for four days. Four days! I know that there are many women out there who are used to doing the single parent thing, but I'm not one of them. As much as I gripe about the division of labor around here, having him gone makes it much more difficult to get anything done.

For instance, this morning as I was attempting to make waffles, Miss M decided that she needed to be held right then (and when I wouldn't pick her up, she clung to my legs so tightly that I couldn't take a step). Because I didn't have anyone to hand her off to or to delegate the waffle making duties to, I actually burned a batch. This infuriated E who proceeded to cry and moan, "that's not how daddy makes them." A glorious start to the day! Miss M is still clingy and E is in full-out whine mode. How long, I wonder, until I am in full-out wine mode?

1 comment:

Nico said...

I've been single parenting a few nights in the last couple of weeks because DH has been working crazy hours (a couple of nights only getting home in the wee hours of the AM). It is SO much harder, and I cannot imagine doing it 24/7! I hope the next few days go quickly and you don't need TOO much wine.