Thursday, October 20, 2005

Welcome to my little corner of cyberdom. The worst day ever seems like a good day to start a blog. It also seems like a good day to start therapy or pills, but this is cheaper.

My day:

1) Did not win Powerball. This, despite loyal weekly contribution to state’s Education Lottery (which is practically like paying self since I am an educator-woo hoo).
2) Was intimidated by my publisher who reminded me my text was due a year ago. No longer want to write text, talk about text, think about text. Must turn in eight chapters in four months. Or else.
3) Childcare for E not working out. Looking for nanny who approaches Mary Poppins in experience and demeanor but who will work for less that $10 an hour. Still praying for non-scary (e.g. Krista's Krazy Kid Kare) daycare opening.
4) Found out it is highly likely that E will be an only child. Was ready to start trying for baby two, but failed Clomid Challenge. Badly. For those of you who stumble across this and are unfamiliar with the gritty reality of infertility, failing Clomid Challenge is akin to failing one’s boards.
5) Canceled class because it is pretty uncool to teach while crying over bad FSH (magic fertility) levels.
6) Realized I hate my job as college professor. Students are needy and sniveling grademongers. I already have a baby, thank you.

7) Have not talked to husband for more than a few minutes since Sunday because publisher (AKA: The Enforcer) was in town to break my legs. Time to tell him bad baby news.

No comments: