Saturday, July 04, 2009

Day 4: Exhausted

Thanks, Bittermama for the excellent sibling advice. I am going to try and get the book you recommended this week. Nic, this week excepted, E's behavior improved at about 3.75 years old, but 2.75 to 3.75 was all about the id.

Today we picnicked with friends at their house. While the kids splashed in the baby pool, the adults chatted. D, our hostess, is 8 months pregnant so much of our talk was centered on pregnancy, delivery and the aftermath. I asked M if she knew what was in D's belly and she answered enthusiastically, "cake!" E, on the other hand, understood what was baking and was fascinated. Just before we left, another of our hosts' friends popped by to visit. She has a new baby (delivered at home by her husband who was on the phone begging the 911 operator to get the ambulance to them faster) and a two year old. J, our host, met them in the drive so he could carry the baby in. As he walked into the backyard with the infant in the carrier, E shouted excitedly, "Oh, did Katie's mommy just have the baby?"

-------------

I am exhausted this evening. I anticipate that my pyromaniac neighbors continue shooting fireworks well into the evening, and we will likely be kept awake, if not by the fireworks, then by our neurotic, noise-phobic dog who is already shaking and panting. We've pretreated her with xanax in anticipation of the noise, but we aren't expecting much in terms of efficacy as it hasn't been working for thunderstorms.

My July 4 update:

Weight: 124.8 (down .2 from yesterday)
Exercise: None.
Parenting: Better, I think. I'm trying to potty-train M and I was the model of patience today. Potty-training has been a hard sell, because while she is ready for underpants and can hold it forever, she is frightened of going on the potty. We did not have any potty successes today, but I did manage to convince her to pee in front of the potty on a towel. That probably sounds pathetic, but she was pleased with herself, and I felt like a little progress was made. E and I took a shopping trip while M napped and had a pleasant time.
Anti-hag activity: I used my revitalash. Does that count?
Dogs: Drugged.


Happy Fourth!

No comments: