Thursday, January 03, 2008

Stick Confusion, Part II



I'm freaking out a little right now. I tested Tuesday and it was snowy white. So I:

--indulged in alcohol


--indulged in a ton of caffeine


--took advil for these "menstrual" cramps


--took cold medicine

I also convinced myself that it would be better wait a little longer to really try since having a baby in September would mean I would have to start teaching again when the baby was three months old.

Tonight I decided to test again, not because I really suspected anything, but because my luteal phase has lasted so long. I was absolutely shocked to get a positive. I mean, we did it once, no preseed, no wheat grass, no progesterone support, no charting.

I'm elated. I'm scared. I'm thinking this isn't very dark for 14 days past ovulation. I'll call my doctor for a beta tomorrow and will report back when I have word.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Em~ I am speechless~
I will keep my fingers crossed for you~ oh I hope this leads to something wonderful!!
Monica

Em said...

Thank you! I tested again this morning and the line was actually a little lighter than it was last night. I'm thinking it may be a chemical, but time will tell.

Suz said...

Could you go in for a beta? I hate uncertainty!

Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Em said...

Suz- I just left a message for my doctor. I was with an RE the last two pregnancies so I am used to at least three betas and plenty of ultrasounds.

I got the feeling from the receptionist at the OBs office that they don't do as much. They don't even want to see me until Feb. 1. If the nurse won't order a beta (or two), I'll probably call the RE and beg for a beta and for P4.