Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My phone consultation with Dr. F. is set for this Friday evening. Dr. F. has a great reputation among the high FSH crowd. Actually, he has groupies which I'll take as a good sign.

My records should be there by now--I requested that they be sent after last week's disappointing visit with my local RE. I'm curious if the local RE, Dr. Negative, wrote his "less than one percent" pronouncement in there. I wonder if he wrote that I "shouldn't go chasing other clinics because they play with their numbers." I wonder if he wrote that "you don't need IVF because you ovulate."

I'm excited and nervous about the consult with Dr. F. It has been 15 years since my last first date, but this feels like one. Will he like me? Will I like him? Will he like my records? Will I like his success rates? Will he push me too far, too fast? Will I sound too needy? Will he get me pregnant?

I have questions, so many questions:
  • Is it possible that my cd 10 FSH was high two years ago when we were trying for Baby E?
  • Is having normal FSH on CD3 promising or is the high cd 10 FSH more important?
  • Will IVF give me a better chance than IUI?
  • How much will this cost?
  • What is this clinic's success rate for other woman who are the same age and have a similar FSH as me?
  • What made my ovaries old?
  • What protocol is used for high FSH women? How is this different from other clinics?
  • Is there any way to avoid BCP before IVF (it makes me crazy)?

That is it so far. I would love suggestions for other things I should ask from anyone who knows more about this.

No comments: