Wednesday, December 14, 2005

128 is so yesterday (or two days ago)

A quick post as final grades are due in less time than it will take for my betas to double! I am oddly unmotivated.

My new favorite number: 376. Now that is a nice number! I realized as soon as Nurse Joy said "Congratulations!" that I was still in the game as 376 was obviously more than double 128. It wasn't until this evening when I was surfing that I realized my betas had almost tripled. Wow.

So far, I don't have many symptoms. I am very tired, but I am chasing a toddler around and working fulltime. The first wave of nausea hit tonight. It isn't bad, just a mild queasiness that is somewhat reassuring. My breasts don't hurt at all which is both worrisome and nice. When I was pregnant the first time, my breasts hated me. I hated them back: they went from a perky 34Cs to pendulous 36-38DDs-bastards.

Here is a bonus: just like when I was pregnant with E, my back spasms* are better. My back started feeling a little better about a week ago. Now I know why. When I was ttc the first time, I was terrified of not being able to take anything during the first trimester but the hormonal cocktail agreed with me. I'm glad it seems to be helping again.

So what is next? My next beta is in a week. If that goes up appropriately, I will have an ultrasound the first week of January.


*Back of a 70 year old according to my surgeon.

3 comments:

christine said...

That's such an envious second beta number. Could these be latent clomid twins? Hmmm. I know that thought has already crossed your mind at least once. Come on now fess up! ;)

Good news about the back. I think you're the only woman in the world who thinks pregnancy is better for her back!

Em said...

Hee hee. It had crossed my mind, but it seems outright greedy. KWIM? It didn't occur to me until I explored the pregnancy links on your site (love the new design, by the way) and clicked on the hCG button.

Honestly, I think it is just one and I am delighted we are off to a nice start. I'll be a nervous wreck until I see a heartbeat in a few weeks.

LOL on the back. It helps my cervical spine, but doesn't do much for my lumbar spine.

chris said...

Wonderful news.