Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Double, double toil and trouble

The doubling times for my beta have slowed way down. New number 2681 . It is now taking 60 hours for the betas to double. Last week, it only took 30 hours. I know there isn't much I can do and that I will just have to worry for another 9 days until my December 30 ultrasound. My fear ,of course, is that the baby has stopped growing and we were catching the beta on its way down. I know there isn't much I can do except to try and remain stress-free, take my prenatals and stay on the progesterone.

The vitamins and progesterone I can handle. Stress free? I don't know. I have nanny issues again. The latest to give me a headache is Nanny M.

One way that I keep up with E is by keeping a daily log. The nannies make note of her daily activities, moods, naps, food consumption, and poopy diaper output. I leave notes for them and they leave me notes. I depend on an accurate record.

Nanny M is an exercise addict and part-time model and takes E for walks most days. Yesterday she let E sleep for an hour during the walk, but that threw off the nap which threw off the night schedule which just made teething hell* worse. Today I left a note asking the Nanny M to avoid letting E catnap this morning even if it meant cutting the walk early. I asked nicely. With a smiley face even.

Because J has the rest of the week off, we only asked Nanny M to come in from 9-12 today. I ended up coming home an hour early because I finished my errands, didn't care to be out in this traffic any longer, and wanted to check beta calculators. So I arrived a few minutes before 11:00 instead of 12:00. I was not expected. When I arrived home, Nanny M and E they were out walking so I peaked at the log to see what the morning had been like thus far.

I was startled to see that the log was filled out through 11:45 (45 minutes in the future). It said: "Took walk from 10:30-11:30. E slept for about 10 minutes, but I managed to keep her awake most of the time." It also said she had been great ALL morning and was happy.

So, Nanny M filled the log in ahead of time and E had that dazed, sweet just woken look when they came in. She didn't want to go down for a nap at her regular time. I'm pretty sure that Nanny M let her sleep for the whole nap. I would not be pleased with that, but the untruthful log gets me. What else is she lying about? Maybe I should get a nanny cam.

*E has been teething this week and has been up at night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, filling out the form before its time. Interesting how it even noted the little details. Very interesting!

christine said...

Can you get a qick third beta? This could help ease your mind. Like I said, with S my betas were awful. At 20 dp2dt I was only at 378. Two days before that it was only 193. He's fine. He's still here :)

http://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

See I should have been worried if I'd known more about beta obsessing. Betas are such a mindfuck.

AmyinMotown said...

Em, I just read the Nanny post. HOLLLLYYY CRAP. It would be funny if it these people were not caring for your child!

Hoping those betas pop right up, too. That's scary, but I agree with Chrisc that they don't always tell you much.

Hey, BTW, I just started my blog up again too. Also here on blogspot, Blissfully Bitchy. Come on by!

chris said...

I'm all about the nanny cam. A friend of mine found out her nanny was having sex in she and her husband's bed and smoking pot in the house while the baby napped!

Betas slow down. Don't worry. Mine were always high and doubled perfectly and we all knwo where that got me.

Take care.