Friday, January 05, 2007

A good day

Since there has been much wailing and gnashing of teeth around here all week, I thought I should post to say that today was better.

First, I kept M home. I decided that three days the first week in daycare was plenty. My anxiety level is much reduced. While it is true that I wasn't terrible productive, I did get to read the editor's edits of two sections and make comments.

Second, I had a lengthy grudge match with customer service at Greenpoint Mortgage. The company failed to record the satisfaction of our old loan with our county. This was my fourth call to attempt to resolve the issue and this time I was armed with language from the closing attorney (for a HELOC). When I explained to the customer service rep that they were in violation of state law and could be fined $100 for everyday they failed to record the payoff, I was finally connected to someone with a bit of discretionary power.

Finally, although I just nursed today, I threw in a few pumping sessions and was happier with the yield. Maybe, just maybe we can keep going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you with the mortgage company. If I had a nickel for every time they screwed something up with us . . . well, I have about 25 cents, but still.