Wednesday, January 03, 2007

To: Lazy Lefty and Righteous Righty

Dear Girls,

I have to be honest with you. I'm stressed, OK? You aren't keeping up with M's daycare feedings and this frozen stash is going to evaporate in about two weeks at this rate. I spent a lot of time reading about increasing pumping output and I think I'm doing all I can. It is your turn.

I hate pointing fingers, but I must. Lefty, get on the ball, damn it. Righty is exhausted and chafed from all the pumping. She has produced enough for over half of M's daycare feedings. But you? You are not performing up to expectations and every time I open the freezer door, I feel agitated. Shape up, lady.

Righty, bless your heart. You seemed a bit tired today. I know you dislike the pump. Who doesn't? But please, please produce more tomorrow. OK?

Love,

Em

4 comments:

christine said...

lol prime example of how bf can cause you to lose your mind. I hope they pick up production.

Em said...

LOL. I promised myself I wouldn't let breastfeeding drive me crazy with this baby, yet here I am writing the girls letters and promising them prettier bras. . .

Anonymous said...

The Dom is a godsend and your output will be much better once you get that going. I used to keep a Thermos of Mother's Milk tea at my desk and drank that instead of coffee. I don't know that it ever really helped input, but perhaps it was a psychological thing.

Em said...

I'm glad you had a good experience with it. I have the mother's milk tea in my cupboard. I'm not wild for the taste but maybe I'll break it out for the potential psychological boost.

Is this Erin from Viva la Colombia? If so I didn't realize that you breastfed your boys. Very cool!