Friday, January 19, 2007

Random Thoughts from the Dairy

I miss the days of being able to drink a glass (or more) of wine whenever I wanted without wondering if I might get the baby drunk.

Nursing bras are pretty comfortable, but not attractive, and certainly not sexy.

I'm worried that the girls are going to look like sad, deflated windsocks when we wean.

I want an apology from all the writers of pregnancy books who cheerily assured this mother-to-be that "breastfeeding melts the pounds away."

I have a fear: what if she uses me as a teether?

I hate pumping.

I'm jealous of the bottle.

I think it is adorable when big sister, E, lifts her shirt and "fweeds" her baby doll.

When M stops nursing long enough to look up and grin at me, I melt.

Sometimes I feel tied down. But I can't imagine stopping.

2 comments:

christine said...

Someone needs to invent some pretty nursing bras.

lol about the melting pounds. I agree all LIES!

Sarita said...

So I have been lurking...(I think I commented once awhile ago...) but, yeah these could be notes from my diary too...

I actually wanted to get drunk the other day...I don't even like getting drunk but it was just the idea of being able to be able to.

I have been worried lately that Felix (13 months) is using me as a pacifier sometimes. He never used me as a teether not that he didn't bite a few times. But he never did it on purpose and it was more shocking than painful but he has been getting pretty good at staying latched on long after he has gone to sleep...since he doesn't have a pacifier...yikes!

I feel torn a lot. I am so happy to be able to breastfeed and I know that it is great for him but I do miss not being "tied down" - I have to keep reminding myself that it is a relatively short period of time in his life...

...but you are right, when I think of stopping, I feel really sad.